Data protection is of a particularly high priority for the operation and management of DanDan Films. The use of the internet pages of DanDan Films is possible without any use of personal data; however, if a data subject is to be featured on the website pages we obtain consent from the data subject as set out on our filming terms and conditions.
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data subject shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to DanDan Films. By means of this data protection declaration, our organisation would like to inform the general public of the nature, scope, and purpose of the personal data we collect, use and process. Furthermore, data subjects are informed, by means of this data protection declaration, of the rights to which they are entitled.
1. WHAT INFORMATION IS BEING COLLECTED?
1.1 We collect a variety of information before, during and after you book with DanDan Films and use any of our services. This includes:
- Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) using our services.
- Details and notes of conversations during meetings, phone calls or vide chats for an enquiry for the services we provide.
- In some cases for wedding films, we may ask for old photographs or archive videos to help us provide the services offered.
1.2 If you e-mail us or send us messages via social media, these messages are stored within our email system or social media accounts. These messages are stored for as long as practicable to allow us to provide you with better future services.
2. WHO IS COLLECTING THE DATA?
This data is being collected by DanDan Creative Ltd, 6 Tunnel Terrace, Newport, NP20 4BT. We use a password protected data management software to hold our data.
3. HOW IS DATA BEING COLLECTED?
3.1 The majority of our data is collected directly from you. Whether you fill out a form for us online, or tell us face to face, via the telephone, via e-mail or message.
3.2 In some cases, data may be given to us by a third party. If for example a family member or friend gives us data to use in our wedding films, such as old photographs or archive family footage. Additionally if somebody books our services on your behalf, they will usually give us your name and contacts details to allow us to process the order and provide our service to you.
4. WHY IS DATA BEING COLLECTED?
4.1. Most of the data we collect is solely for the purpose of providing you with a service you have ordered, or had ordered for you.We are required by law to collect and store certain information relating to any order you place with us
4.2 Some of the data we collect is to help provide you with a better customer service experience.
5. HOW WILL IT BE USED?
5.1 Data we collect will be used by DanDan Films to enable us to provide our services and products to you.
5.2 Contact data (e-mail addresses) may be used to send you direct offers from DanDan Films about upcoming promotions or newsletters. These can be unsubscribed from at any time.
5.3 Online behaviours collected through social media (such as likes, shares, comments etc) are all processed through the internal analytics services of the platforms we have a presence on. DanDan Films may internally analyse data for business and forecast purposes.
5.4 DanDan Films has a legitimate interest in using images or video content taken in relation to your booking and may use these images in the following ways (note, clients are free to refuse the use of these images at any time):
- On social media for promotion & advertising purposes
- On our website for promotion & advertising purposes
- For marketing materials (business stationery, flyers, business cards etc)
- For publications/print
6. WHO WILL YOUR DATA BE SHARED WITH?
6.1 We take your privacy very seriously. We do not sell your data to third party organisations. There are a few scenarios where some of your data may be shared with third parties to allow us to provide our services to you. These include:
- Delivery and Postage Service Providers to allow us to send you documentation and orders you have placed. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number)
- Manufacturers (our printing labs) if we are sending an order directly to you from a lab. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number)
- Law Enforcement and Legal Requirements – we will provide data to law enforcement agencies if issued with a court order to do so.
7. HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOU?
We collect, store and process your data in such a way that should have no negative effect on you as an individual.
8. HOW LONG IS DATA STORED?
8.1 Most data we collect is stored indefinitely. This is to allow us to provide a better service to you as a customer in the event that you contact us again in the future.
8.2 We are legally obliged to store some data for a minimum amount of time, for example sale order records and payment records.
9. ACCESS TO STORED DATA
9.1 If you have any questions about data we hold about you, please feel free to contact us.
9.2 You may request a copy of any data we store about you and we will comply with any requests as per the guidance of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
10. MORE INFORMATION
10.1 If you would like any clarification on how we collect, store or process your data – please contact us directly.
10.2 If you would like further information on the legal guidelines we operate within, or have any concerns about how we use your data, please check the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk
11. OUR DETAILS
11.1 This business, DanDan Creative Ltd, is owned and operated by Dan Ralph & Dan Ridgeon, trading as DanDan Films.
11.2 Our principal place of business is at: 6 Tunnel Terrace, Newport, Gwent, NP20 4BT
11.3 You can contact us in writing to the above address, or by e-mail to email@example.com